The Rose May Practice was founded by Sarah Davies in response to the growing need for mental health provision. As an accredited member of the National Counselling Society, EMDR International Association and Internal Family Systems Circle, Sarah is a qualified integrative psychotherapist specialising in EMDR trauma therapy and integrative talk therapy.
Sarah started out her career training as a paediatric nurse at Bournemouth University, from here she became familiar with the psychological impact of trauma and poor health. Volunteering with Barnardo’s in Bristol for several years Sarah worked both within the community and in maternity services at Southmead Hospital where she supported new mothers with feeding and maternal wellbeing.
Fostering her passion for mental health Sarah began training as an integrative psychotherapist at University of the West of England. Alongside this she became a qualified Solution Focussed Hypnotherapist with the Clifton Practice where she began her clinical work in private practice. Sarah has extensive experience working with both adults and adolescents across a range of services including voluntary and private platforms with a diverse range of presenting issues including; Attachment Injuries, Postnatal Depression, Anxiety, Depression, looked after children, County Lines, FGM, CSE, CCE, Child on Child abuse, Eating Disorders, online safety, Sexual abuse, Domestic Violence and Gender/Identity.
Sarah has an enthusiastic interest in trauma and attachment and how this manifests in behaviours and relational connection, supporting clients with long lasting change and meaningful relationships through authenticity.
- Accredited by the UK’s National Counselling Society (NCS)
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society Children & Young People Therapist’s Register (NCYPT)
- Member of the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Member of the IFS Circle
- Member of Psychology Today
- EMDR Therapist (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) from the EMDR Institute, Inc
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling from Chrysalis
- Certificate in Counselling from The University of the West of England
- Diploma in Solution Focussed Hypnotherapy from The Clifton Practice
- Gabor Mate Compassionate Enquiry Masterclass
- Internal Family Systems Masterclass
- Working with the Spectrum of Eating Disorders within EMDR
- Let’s Play EMDR; Healing the Wounds of Trauma and Disrupted Attachment in Children
- IFS Online Circle | Foundations of the IFS Model
- Counselling Children and Young People BACP
- Postnatal Breastfeeding and Peer Support Training